A typical Fraikin contract hire package would include:
- Full servicing, maintenance and repair – Servicing would be carried out locally, either by our nearest Fraikin workshop or by an approved third party repairer. This includes maintenance of the chassis, body and ancillary equipment.
- Vehicle safety inspections and preventative maintenance checks – Six-weekly safety inspections for all vehicles above 7.5 tonnes, or in line with your Operators Licence, plus routine preventative maintenance checks to guard against unexpected downtime.
- MOTs – MOTs for all commercial vehicles over one year old and vans over three years old. Our current monthly first time MOT pass is over 90 per cent, measured against a national average of approximately 79 per cent.
- Road fund licensing / administration - One of the many benefits of contact hire is letting us take the hassle out of running a fleet of vans and trucks. Our vehicle administration department manages all paperwork to ensure your vehicle is always taxed and legal on the road. We will also process other paperwork such as fines, vehicle re-call notices etc.
- Tyre Management – In addition to our own tyre specialist services we work with the UK’s largest commercial vehicle tyre specialist to ensure the best possible tyre management for your fleet. This allows you access to over 1,000 mobile service vans which can fit new tyres at your own depot, plus the support of more than 200 frontline emergency support vehicles should you suffer a tyre related breakdown at the roadside. It also includes routine tyre safety inspections to protect against the risk of a tyre failure at the roadside.
- Breakdown cover – Wherever you are, in the event of a breakdown, we can arrange for an emergency response vehicle to provide urgent assistance. As a Fraikin customer you have a dedicated UK breakdown number which is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Ongoing support – Whether you have one vehicle or 100 vehicles on contract hire, you will benefit from your own Contract Manager who is available to help manage all of your vehicle needs. They can provide a regular suite of KPI and management reports, highlighting the productivity of your fleet.
Many other services can also be built into your contract. A selection of some of these include:
- Out of hours servicing – We can arrange for servicing to take place late in the evening, overnight or at weekends, ensuring your fleet is on the road when you need it most.
- European breakdown cover – An extension of our 24/7 breakdown response service to ensure full cover when travelling throughout Europe.
- Relief vehicle cover - If your vehicle ever suffers from unexpected downtime, we can arrange to provide you with immediate access to a replacement vehicle until yours is back on the road.
- Collection and delivery service - We can collect your vehicle from your local depot whenever it is due for routine servicing, and deliver it back to you. We always aim to jet wash your vehicle before it leaves our centre so it comes back to you in first class condition.
- Fuel Cards – We can also support your business by providing a branded Fraikin fuel card, widely accepted across the UK and supported by a suite of monthly reports.
- Driver CPC Training – All of our customers can utilise the benefit of our in-house Driver CPC training courses at preferential rates that are only available to our customers.
To discuss your contract hire needs in more detail, please telephone Freephone 0800 052 4455 or fill in an online enquiry form.
For more information about contract hire please click on the links below.